This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View Privacy Policy

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error 500 when using module within article

Error 500 when using module within article 10 years 2 months ago #200

• nikos
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi ! First of all, thank you for this great extension !!
I just have a little issue when I search something from a module within a category/article.

For example, from here : http://silent-burner.fr/collection/128-packaway-design

The module will run the following search :
http:/ /silent-burner.fr/collection/index.php?option=com_customproperties&view=s......

Instead of :
http:/ /silent-burner.fr/index.php?option=com_customproperties&view=s......

Did I do something wrong ? Thanks again !!

edit : I am sorry I misplaced this message as I am using CP 1.98
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by nikos.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Error 500 when using module within article 10 years 2 months ago #204

• andrea_4g
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 163
NP, Moved to the correct category.

This 500 error is still a kind of mystery to me. Yet I read on Joomla forum that there is an easy workaround for the problem.
Here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/reviews/bineline
"First, I encountered the problem described by marycs (500 error layout blog not found). But I have found a solution, and it works fine: just go to components/com_customproperties/views/show/tmpl/default.php, copy the file and rename it to blog.php, so now you have two php files. That´s it and should do!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: motolba

Re: Error 500 when using module within article 9 years 11 months ago #453

I have a search module with a hand full of check box options. I have been using it for a few weeks and as far as I could tell it was working great. However yesterday I was giving a training at a school and when I went to demonstrate the lesson plan search I got an error. I tried searching several times with different options checked and I kept getting an error.

The technology teacher emailed today and said the lesson plan search is working fine even though it didn't work yesterday or when she tried to search last week.

I emailed a few more people to test it on their computers, and so far it has worked for everyone, except one person reported getting the following error.

500 - Layout "blog" not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Layout "blog" not found

Then he tested it on a different computer and it worked. He went back and tried it on the first computer and it worked there as well.

I am stumped because it does not seem to be computer, or browser specific. It seems to be very random.

I tried copying the default.php file and renaming it blog.php, but at this point it is really hard to tell if it has fixed the problem because the problem seems to only happen a small percentage of the time.

Do you have any suggestions for other things I should try to do to fix this?

I am sorry for such a long post and realize you may not be able to provide an answers. You have a great component.

Re: Error 500 when using module within article 9 years 11 months ago #454

• andrea_4g
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 163
The technology teacher emailed today and said the lesson plan search is working fine even though it didn't work yesterday or when she tried to search last week.
The fact that after a certain amount of time, for no apparent reason, the problem disappeared could be the telltale sign that it's a caching issue.
A ctrl+F5 (or ctrl+R with some browsers) often solves the problem, forcing the browser to reload the page from the server instead of using the local cache that could be out of date.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by andrea_4g.

Re: Error 500 when using module within article 9 years 11 months ago #492

• philraymond
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
FYI, copying default.php as blog.php worked for me.

Phil
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds