mod_cpsearch shows wrong options after selection

• pixelhexe
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1728 by pixelhexe
Everything is fine with Custom Properties, thank you for this extension!

But here is my problem: on my site I show the search module and the results page together. I have three single selection lists in my module with a few options / tags. In some cases, the combination of tags brings no result, the error message is "Your search returned no records. Try selecting fewer options."

For the user it would be much more comfortable, if after having selected ONE tag in the first selection list, the tags in the other lists would only show values which end in a result.

Hm... hope you understand what I mean. Let's assume we have two properties: property "color" with values "red" and "green" and property "vegetables" with values "tomato" and "cucumber". We have two articles, one tagged with color "green" and vegetable "cucumber", the other with color "red" and vegetable "tomato".
But if an user selects color "red" and vegetable "cucumber" no result is given and the above mentioned error message appears. We could prevent this if - after having chosen color "red" - the selection field vegetable would change accordingly and only show the value "tomato", because only this value will give us a result.

Did you think about this enhancement, maybe even extra paid?

Thanks for your good work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1729 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic mod_cpsearch shows wrong options after selection
The requirement is clear.
Please allow us a couple of days to analyse this subject.

• pixelhexe
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1730 by pixelhexe
Replied by pixelhexe on topic mod_cpsearch shows wrong options after selection
Thanks for your reply.
This feature is surely not that easy to implement, but would be a 'large extra plus'. :-)
Take your time.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds