CP Search Module: Apache crashes sporadical

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #901 by cho
Hi,

I've a SERIOUS problem! Sometimes Apache crashes (and restarts automatically) when I click on the search button in the Custom Properties module. It is not reproducable in a sustainable manner, sometimes it works, sometimes not! But I have seen this problem only in the context of using the custom properties search module.
Until now it is on a local xampp installation, and I can't bring my site into production with this problem.

I have attached the error log of apache and php.

Did anyone has the same problem or can someone help?

Cheers
Chris
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by cho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #907 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Re: CP Search Module: Apache crashes sporadical
I guess the search operation did exaust all resources, that, in case of an average locally installed XAMPP server, are not much.
Other people had issues on servers with very little resources. More often than not it's MySQL that dies.
Anyway, we run many tests.
See here:
solidsystem.it/forum/8-cp-20-for-j1617-p...y-very-slow.html#410

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #913 by cho
Hmmm, I can't imagine that it's a problem of resources. I had several xampp installations locally before bringing into live larger that this one - and never ran into that problem.

I have only 30-40 articles and perhaps 20 different tags. I really had to figure out that problem! With which PHP versions you run your tests?

Help very much appreciated. Here the information about the apache crash.

Cheers
Chris
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by cho.

More
11 years 8 months ago #916 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Re: CP Search Module: Apache crashes sporadical
The crash report doesn't mean much (at least to us).

I can't think of anything CP related. Beside the test we made on a the 'very humble' server of ours, we know of websites with literally thousands of tags and thousands of articles running smoothly.
Also, if CP made Apache crash under a load so light (40 articles is 20 tags is aproximately the configuration of our public demo sites), I bet we had customers with pitchforks and torches at the door.

The following are a couple of server config. The top one is a Windows server with Apache 2.2.2 and runs the thousands articles - thousands tags site.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds