Menu item - description and keywords

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 day ago #2420 by Martin7
Menu item - description and keywords was created by Martin7
hi SolidSystems,

I have tried to set for menu items of type "Custom Properties Layout" description and keywords (in the Meta Data tab of the menu item configuration). But it looks like those are never used and ignored. The page description is the default one from Joomla and keywords are generated using fixed logic - the default ones from Joomla global config + the select tag in the menu item config.

Could you please include the menu item configuration and in case the user set something in the meta data then those setting should overwrite the default logic of CP and set the keywords and description as types directly in the html header of the page.

Thanks a lot in advance
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2529 by Martin7
Replied by Martin7 on topic Menu item - description and keywords
hi Andrea,

this is duplicate of solidsystem.it/forum/custom-properties-3...ion-seo-problem.html what we have already solved.

But I have just now found one issue. I have in the plugin "Content - Custom Properties Tags Plugin" the option "Append tag to meta keywords" set to YES but I do not see the CP tags in the html meta keyword attribute. Could you please check it?

thanks
Martin

More
7 years 6 months ago #2534 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Menu item - description and keywords
If you are making searches with Custom Properties Search modules, you get a list of results, each one with its own set of tags. No point in adding them all to meta keywords.

The same is true if you are visiting a Category/Blog Joomla layout: you get a list of content items each one with its own set of tags.

Automatic "Tags in meta" make sense only when when you are visiting the detail view of a content item.
That's why no "automatic" tag gets appended to meta keyword in Custom Properties menu items.

The only keywords that get appended (from the very last version of CP onward, that is) are the ones that you write explicitly in the relevant menu item parameter.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds