Bind to categories

More
7 years 7 months ago #2496 by efh68
Bind to categories was created by efh68
I have 8 categories listed inside the "Bind to categories" text area in the configuration section. But the search result is only displaying categories from the first 5 and leaving not the last 3. Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2497 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Bind to categories
The are no hard limits to the number of categories one can use to filter the results.
It's hard to diagnose the root cause of your issue, without actually having a look at your site.

The first thing that comes to mind - as silly as may it sound - is that the missing categories could be in unpublished state or with restricted access permissions.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2498 by efh68
Replied by efh68 on topic Bind to categories
All the categories are public and published. The only think I can think of is that I started with the first five categories and added the last three at a later date. If I remove all the categories from "Bind to categories" it still does not display the three missing categories. Can you tell me where the configuration settings are stored so I can look at that?

More
7 years 7 months ago #2499 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Bind to categories
You can limit the search scope in more than one place.
(see here for complete diagram: www.solidsystem.it/images/stories/screen...s/search_funnell.jpg )

The main category filter is in component options.
Then you can further restrict the category pool with module parameters (mod_cpsearch, mod_cpmenu, etc).
The following user(s) said Thank You: efh68

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds