Menu item ignores meta configuration - SEO problem

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2507 by Martin7
hi SolidSystem,

For every menu option in Joomla it is possible to set in the menu item configuration some meta information attributes (title to be displayed in browser, key words and description which will be set in head section.). This works for all build-in Joomla menu item types as well for all extensions till now I have used.

I have found that CustomProperties menu item type ignores them and never uses - so the
- meta keywords and meta description is always the global ones taken from global site configuration
- Page title can not be overwritten and is always equals to the name of the tag configured for this menu item

It should be possible to set those attributes. It is is serious issue for SEO as Google reduces ranking for pages which do not have unique keywords, description in head. I have already realized this as the subpages which on my site are configured as CP menu item has been punished by google as having the same meta as the home page.

So kindly asking to fix this issue.
1.) CP Menu item should generate correctly meta description tag in html head as configured for this menu item
2.) CP Menu item should generate correctly meta keywords tag in html head as configured for this menu item
3.) CP Menu item should set the page title default to the name of the tag but if user overwrite it in the menu item configuration it should take if from this configuration.

Could you please fix this issue as soon as possible? It is very important for proper site SEO valuation.

thanks in advance !
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2508 by andrea_4g
Thanks for the accurate report.
We'll look into this issue and fix it.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2509 by andrea_4g
Just a quick update: we are testing the new release. We count on releasing it within today.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2510 by andrea_4g
The new version of Custom Properties (3.1.22) has just been released.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2512 by Martin7
great. It is this issue solved in the latest release?

More
7 years 6 months ago #2516 by andrea_4g

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds