Breadcrumb corrupted for CP menu item

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2539 by Martin7
Breadcrumb corrupted for CP menu item was created by Martin7
hi Andrea,

I have found that Breadcrumb links are corrupted for CP menu items.

Take a look at this page:

www.domowe-wypieki.pl/przepisy/ciasta/torty/klasyczne

the level "Torty" in the breadcrumb is corrupted. The link generated in the breadcrumb is like this:
www.domowe-wypieki.pl/przepisy/ciasta/to...log&bind_to_category [0]=content:43

Why this link is not just an alias of the CP menu item ? What is this content concatenated after the alias?

It would be correct just without this additional stuff "/36?layout=gblog&bind_to_category[0]=content:43". The link in the breadcumb should be the same as the link (alias) in the menu item, so in my case just the first part of the link would be correct " www.domowe-wypieki.pl/przepisy/ciasta/torty "

Could you please investigate and find a solution for this?

thanks
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #2597 by Martin7
Replied by Martin7 on topic Breadcrumb corrupted for CP menu item
hi Andrea,

just downloaded and installed the latest version. Thanks for all improvements done :)

I would like you to ask to check this old problem which is still existing. The breadcrumb is still corrupted for me.

Example: I have menu item which selects all articles by one tag in one category:
www.kochen-mit-spass.de/rezepte/vorspeis...schenmahlzeiten/warm

If you click on the last part of the crumb-path you can see that is not correct, it is not valid link and does not select anything.

In my opinion the last part of the crumb-path in case of menu item should be just the current url of this menu item. No need to generate any complex CP specific URL.

Can this be solved somehow?

thanks in advance
Martin
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Martin7.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2598 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Breadcrumb corrupted for CP menu item
Breadcrumbs urls are auto-generated by Joomla. CP does not actively intervene in the process.

Note:
I discovered that the "offending" part of the url is the "1" after "/warm/".
Code:
http://www.kochen-mit-spass.de/rezepte/vorspeisen-zwischenmahlzeiten/warm/1?layout=gblog&bind_to_category[0]=content:31
I have no idea where Joomla is pulling that "1" out from.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #2655 by Martin7
Replied by Martin7 on topic Breadcrumb corrupted for CP menu item
I do not know Joomla framework. I have did some debugging today I have found the that Joomla tries to translate the CP menu item url using the JRoute class in the helper.php / mod_breadcrumb.

And it seems that translation is not done correctly, for example the link

index.php?option=com_customproperties&view=search&tagId=1&bind_to_category[0]=content:31

which has alias:
/rezepte/vorspeisen-zwischenmahlzeiten/warm

is translated to:
/rezepte/vorspeisen-zwischenmahlzeiten/warm/1?layout=gblog&bind_to_category[0]=content:31

And I have googled a bit and found out that Joomla required every component to provide a router.php with class following the a given pattern, see the Joomla spec:

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Supporting_SEF_URLs_in_your_component

I have checked the router.php of other extensions I have and all of them follow this convention (**Router) and trying to resolve the SEO friendly URL accessing the Menu object from Joomla. See some example in attachment.

Maybe the problem is in this CP file ?

many thanks in advance for any investigation
Martin

As attachmen

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds