caching of mod_cpcloud

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #2544 by Martin7
caching of mod_cpcloud was created by Martin7
hi SolidSystem,

I have found out that the module mod_cpcloud does not have caching implemented. Could you please implement the missing functionality? I have a feeling this module slow down my server under heavy load.

Other modules like: mod_cpmenu, mod_cpsearch are cached so far as I see.

Thank a lot in advance!

best regards

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #2545 by Martin7
Replied by Martin7 on topic caching of mod_cpcloud
hi SolidSystem,

I have fixed the problem just by extending the file mod_cpcloud.xml with caching parameters. Per default caching would be disabled. Could you please add this fix in the next release of CP ?

thanks in advance
Martin
Code:
<fieldset name="advanced"> <field name="module_layout" type="modulelayout" label="JFIELD_ALT_LAYOUT_LABEL" description="JFIELD_ALT_MODULE_LAYOUT_DESC" /> <field name="moduleclass_sfx" type="text" default="" label="COM_MODULES_FIELD_MODULECLASS_SFX_LABEL" description="COM_MODULES_FIELD_MODULECLASS_SFX_DESC" /> <field name="cache" type="list" default="0" label="COM_MODULES_FIELD_CACHING_LABEL" description="COM_MODULES_FIELD_CACHING_DESC"> <option value="1">JGLOBAL_USE_GLOBAL</option> <option value="0">COM_MODULES_FIELD_VALUE_NOCACHING</option> </field> <field name="cache_time" type="text" default="900" label="COM_MODULES_FIELD_CACHE_TIME_LABEL" description="COM_MODULES_FIELD_CACHE_TIME_DESC" /> <field name="cachemode" type="hidden" default="itemid"> <option value="itemid"></option> </field> </fieldset>

More
7 years 3 months ago #2546 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic caching of mod_cpcloud
Thanks Martin, but there's more than that.
The module need to make use of JModuleHelper::moduleCache function to actually implement caching.

But we took your suggestion anyway, and implemented it in the recently released Custom Properties 3.1.23.

Please note that when tags ordering is set to 'random' the caching function is automatically disabled.

• Martin7
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #2596 by Martin7
Replied by Martin7 on topic caching of mod_cpcloud
thanks!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds