custom tags results page does not load OG-tags

• webfeuerflo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2608 by webfeuerflo
Hello,
I have a plugin that inserts OG-tags in the head of each page, so that we can define the social sharing information of this page. I works on all pages (single articles, category blog) only on the results page of custom properties tags. you can see it here:

www.oneworldfilmclubs.at/index.php?optio...ch&task=tag&tagId=17

it seems as if the tags-page does not load content plugins. how can I load this plugin?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #2609 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic custom tags results page does not load OG-tags
Custom Properties does indeed trigger the onContentPrepare event, if Custom Properties > Configuration > Results Formatting > View is set to 'Title + HTML Intro.
It triggers the event for each and every article included in the result page.

However, Custom Properties result page is a particular kind of page: it is a dynamic one, that is assembled on the fly after the request and includes a variable numbere of result /snippets/.
The actual content of the page is not known beforehand (unlike a singe article or a category blog page).

It's conceptually similar to the result page of the standard Joomla search (that, in fact, does not trigger OG tags too).

Note: Custom Properties result page do pass the test the plugin maker recommends:

To check which images are inside component add at then end of page URL: &tmpl=component or ?tmpl=component.

www.oneworldfilmclubs.at/index.php?optio...Id=18&tmpl=component

• webfeuerflo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2610 by webfeuerflo
Replied by webfeuerflo on topic custom tags results page does not load OG-tags
ok, this describes technically why it happens, but it does not offer a solution :-) ...
is there any way to get the OG-tags on this page?
thank you

More
6 years 6 months ago #2611 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic custom tags results page does not load OG-tags

is there any way to get the OG-tags on this page?

I don't think so.

You could ask the maker of the OG plugin, to have a second opinion.

I believe that adding OG tags to a result page raises logical problems and somehow contradicts the "spirit", the purpose of the OpenGraph tags.
An OpenGraph tag is meant to describe an entity: an article, a video, a website, a place, a book, ... (see og:type list).
A set of results - such as a CP result page - is a collection of article snippets. It isn't a single entity and does not fit in the list of og:types.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds