problem with the URLs

More
6 years 4 months ago #2627 by batou
problem with the URLs was created by batou
Hello

I’m using the custom properties version 3.1.26 on a joomla site ver. 3.7.5 and I have a problem with the URLs of my site.

The problem is that the urls used to be like this:

...com/parliament/speechesintervention/408-speeches2016/5506-2016-12-09-18-48-19.html

and for some reason now it’s like this:

...com/408-parliament/parliament-speeches-n/speeches2016/5506-2016-12-09-18-48-19.html

The number in bold changed placed and now all the external links that refers to the site is broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2628 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic problem with the URLs
Custom Properties does not assemble those urls. CP make use of the Joomla standard 'JRoute::_($url)' function.

JRoute takes into consideration first and foremost menu items, then category (with ids) and then content items, to build the SEF url.

So, if you made modifications to the menu structure or changed the category nesting structure or renamed some categories, it's almost certain that those modifications got reflected into the urls.

In this case - and I could be very wrong - I'd say that before there was:

- a menu item pointing to a parent category 'parliament'
- a menu item pointing to its subcategory 'speechesintervention'
- NO menu item for category speeches2016

Now it looks like there is:
- NO menu item pointing to a parent category 'parliament'
- a menu item pointing to its subcategory 'parliament-speeches-n'
- a menu item pointing to 'speeches2016'

And it looks like that former category (id 408) 'speeches2016' got renamed 'parliament'.

Or maybe the menu items structure just got messed up and you have to rebuild them (Menus > Main menu > Rebuild button). ** warning: you might have to re-order the menu items after this operation **

Also, it is known that Joomla 3.8.0 will bring changes to the native SEF router (with subsequent changes to the urls)... but since you're still running with 3.7.5 that can't be the cause of the issue.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by andrea_4g.
The following user(s) said Thank You: batou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds