Redirection to home?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1714 by Peter
Redirection to home? was created by Peter
Hey there,

thanks for this great application. After installing and giving it a first try I came across a problem, which may be easy to solve- but I just can't get the clue:

It all works perfect until the results-page. When I then click on an item of the result-list it always redirects me to the home-page instead of the article. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Peter
using Product finder version 1.4
joomla 2.5.16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #1718 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic Redirection to home?
Each item of the results list point to detail sub-page generated by Product Finder itself*. The title in the sub-page points to the actual article.

*This arrangement is required to view the detail and then go back to the results list, without reloading the page.

More
10 years 1 month ago #1719 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Redirection to home?
Thanks for your answer. But still I can't get the point why it doesn't work with me. On my website I use product finder at www.wundmanagement-vlbg.at/index.php/service/leitliniensuche . I've got three questions, then I get to the result list, where it shows me the screenshot, title and category of each result in a list. When I click on one of the resuts it directs me i.e. to " www.wundmanagement-vlbg.at/#r_147_249 ", but that's whether the detail sub page nor the actual article, but just the home-page www.wundmanagement-vlbg.at .
Do I have to change any of my settings? Or have I done anything wrong in my jooma-article/category/menu-structure? As far I just have built the category "leitlinien" and built all the searchable articles in this category. They are not linked to any menu, because I just need them for this search. Is that the problem? Never the less I tried to link one of the articles to a menu, but it still didn't work..
Maybe I'm just to stupid. Thanks for your help
Peter

More
10 years 1 month ago #1720 by andrea_4g
Thanks for the additional info and for the link to the website.
We'll let you know our findings soon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #1721 by andrea_4g
It looks like a part of the url gets stripped away.

For example, instead of:
www.wundmanagement-vlbg.at/#r_147_268
the url should be:
www.wundmanagement-vlbg.at/index.php/ser...iniensuche#r_147_268

There are a number of things that can alter the url:
- .htaccess
- third party SEF extension
- unpublished and/or malformed menu item

More
10 years 1 month ago #1722 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Redirection to home?
Thanks for your effort, I recognize the problem with the "shortened" url now. Still I tried several things, nothing worked:
1) There are no 3rd party sef-extensions
2) I tried to build the product finder in a new menu, didn't work
3) The menu is published
4) I tried to publish a new article in a new menu and search it via product finder- still doesn't work.
5) Tried to change the settings in my joomla-configuration to no url-rewrite, no sef-friendly url- nothing worked
6) There are no problems with other extensions, so could the .htaccess be still the problem? I had a look at it now, can't find any problems on a first sight- but nevertheless: which paragraphs in there could be a problem?

Greetings,
Peter

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds